Today’s global healthcare challenges like Multi-Drug Resistant Organisms (MDRO) mean that microbiology labs need to be flexible and responsive to provide the right information at the right time. The efficiency of the VITEK® 2 Compact instrument and VITEK® 2 PC software offers you the capacity to help improve therapeutic success and patient outcomes1 through reliable microbial identification (ID) and antibiotic susceptibility testing (AST). The instrument also lets you enhance laboratory efficiencies with reduced hands-on time and rapid reporting capabilities2. All this, in a cost-effective, space-saving design.
- Barenfanger et al, JCM, May 1999, Vol 37, No 5
- Sanders et al, JCM, July 2001, Vol 39 , No 7
Convenient & automated
Designed to provide ID/AST results in as little as 5 to 8 hours3, VITEK 2® Compact works with economical, ready-to-use VITEK® 2 ID/AST cards.
Safety is optimized with minimal reagent preparation and reduced handling in a closed, disposable system. The VITEK® 2 Compact is simple to use:
- After primary organism isolation, there is minimal handling with a simple standardized inoculum
- Place the inoculum into the VITEK® 2 Cassette at the Smart Carrier Station™
- The VITEK® 2 Card and sample are linked via barcode
- Once the Cassette is loaded, the instrument handles all subsequent steps for incubation and reading
- Results at a glance:
- Intuitive interface
- Easy-to-access results with multiple filters
- Bidirectional connection with your LIS
- Automatic validation & transfer of preliminary results
“High throughput, low hands-on time and rapid results”
Source: Sanders et al, JCM, July 2001, Vol 39 , No 7 Rommler et al, Poster C-123, ASM Orlando, May 2006
Flexibility for your lab
“For all laboratories, regardless of size and type of staffing, the availability of VITEK 2® system and Advanced Expert System™ could have a very positive impact on both the workflow and the quality of information leaving the laboratory”
Blecker-Shelly et al, Continuing Education Topics & Issues, Aug 2008
They say good things come in small packages. The VITEK® 2 Compact System fits different lab arrangements and different needs – but always delivers results to help you ensure your laboratory can provide the right analysis for timely, relevant treatment options.
- Models are available to accommodate 15, 30 or 60 cards
- Increase testing capacity as your lab grows
- Consolidate space and results: connect up to four instruments to one VITEK 2® PC
- Save time and steps by reporting isolates virtually with VITEK 2® PC Remote Access
More flexibility: Advanced Expert System™ & bioART™
The Advanced Expert System™ , can boost your confidence further by automatically providing validation of every susceptibility test result, to help clinicians select the most appropriate antibiotic treatment. The Advanced Expert System™ signals when results are ready, saving time, and gives you an accurate phenotype profile of the bacterial resistance mechanism(s) for each isolate tested, using color-coded indicators.bioMérieux’s Advanced Reporting Tool (bioART™) also enhances your reporting with customization and maximum efficiency, by automatically transferring results, offering alerts for critical results and improving standardization.